You will need a visa to enter Indonesia in which you can obtain at the nearest embassy or Consular Office of Indonesia in your country. Here is the type of visas you could apply:
- Index B-211 Visa or VKSB
Another category of visit visa is VKSB (Visa Kunjungan Sosial Budaya/ Social Culture Visit Visa) a visa for those coming to Indonesia for a short-term stays, not as tourist and not for business. This single entry visit visa refers to Index B-211 and is valid for 30-60 days.
Requirements to obtain the index B-211 Visa are as follows:
- A letter of acceptance which invites you to stay/ study in Indonesia
- Your passport
- A copy of return trip ticket
- A couple of photo
- Application form (provided by the Visa Section of the Indonesian Embassy)
- Visa fee
We would never recommend you to use the Visa on Arrival (VoA) which is only intended for those who are visiting Indonesia as Tourists, NOT for those intending to live for an extended period of time because this kind of visa is not extendable.
- VITAS (Limited Stay Visa)
Three kinds of VITAS valid for:
- 6 months
- 12 months
- 24 months
The process of applying the VITAS takes 2 – 3 months before your arrival in Indonesia. The reason is that Study Permit (Izin Studi) must be applied to DIKTI (the Directorate General of Higher Education of Indonesia – Jakarta) before you apply Vitas.
The following are detailed documents you should prepare for Study Permit (SP) and VITAS:
- A letter of Recommendation from the Vice Rector of academic Affairs of UPI
- A letter of approval from the Indonesian embassy (if you are still in your home country), from the representative Embassy/ Consular Office of your country (if you are already in Indonesia)
- An Academic Report/Transcript
- A Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- A letter of Declaration stating that you
- Will obey Indonesian rules and laws
- Will not involve yourself in any work activities
- A letter of Sponsorship or of Financial guarantee (if you self-support)
- Health Declaration/ Report (signed by a medical doctor)
- Four (4) pieces of passport-size photos (4X6) red background.
Since Study Permit and VITAS are applied before your arrival, the International Relation Office will then precede the application to the immigration office in Jakarta. When approved, the immigration office will send a telex of a letter of approval to the Indonesian Embassy or Counselor Office in related countries, in which you can get the VITAS aforementioned. Therefore, send the above documents (1-9) to International office