Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia (UPI) was established on October 20, 1954 and it is the largest and oldest education university in Indonesia. In the 54th year of his age, precisely on October 20, 2008, UPI formed International Office through Rector Decree Number 6075/H40/KP/2008 named the Office of International Education and Relations (OIER) and chose Mr. Sri Harto, S.Pd., M.Pd. to be a director for the period 2008-2012.
In accordance with the purpose of OIER formation, OIER UPI has tasks and functions as follows:
- Develop and implement international relations and cooperation
- conduct and develop Pre-Departure Training Program for trainers, administrators, and UPI students especially in linguistic
- processing transferring of teacher, administration staff, and students to learn or follow other overseas academic activities
- coordinate and manage international students and lecturer who are studying or working at UPI
- to undertake and be responsible for international students registration process
- provide counseling services and programs to support international students.